Lately, Baylor has demonstrated that he has quite a vivid imagination and enjoys using it. At least, I hope it's just his imagination and/or a bit of role playing. Otherwise, my youngest son is going to need lots of therapy because he believes he is a dog. I figure this is just a passing phase. Jaxon went through something similar when he became obsessed with kitties. However, Jax never took the silliness quite as far as Baylor has in recent weeks.
For example, it's not at all uncommon for Baylor to morph into "puppy mode" in public places. I get lots of stares as I make my through Target with my 5-year old and my 2-year old "puppy" panting up a storm and barking at passersby. Luckily, the stares usually transition into smiles. Whether that's a result of pity or the strangers being humored, I have no idea. Baylor doesn't limit his antics to public places either. This weekend, Baylor picked up his cereal bowl, took it over to where we placed the food bowls for BaBa's 2 chihuahua puppies during a recent visit, placed the bowl on the floor, and proceeded to lap up his cereal just like an actual dog. Yeah, that move left the room speechless.
I guess it doesn't help matters when big brother Jaxon reinforces the behavior by rewarding Baylor with attention. Several times, I've caught Jax playing fetch with Baylor. That's probably what led to yesterday's drama when Baylor ran up to me in a panic because he had managed to wedge a golf ball firmly in his mouth. He wasn't able to open his jaw wide enough to remove the ball that was trapped behind his teeth. Luckily, I was able to easily slip it out. I guess Baylor's mouth isn't as big as he (and I) sometimes believe!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment