Monday, July 27, 2009

Cancelled

Well, today, I had hoped to blog about Jaxon's first day of swimming lessons, but our day did not play out as planned. Jax woke up bright and early this morning, clearly excited that we were finally going to the classes I have been telling him about for weeks.

We left the house a little early because I had intended to check Baylor into the gym's daycare program during the swim lesson. That way, I could devote all my attention to documenting Jax's performance, even if his performance was sinking to the bottom of the pool. Well, Baylor was not happy about little part of the plan. He threw the biggest tantrum ever when we left him. Even the bottle of milk that we left as a bribe didn't do the trick. So, Baylor was promptly kicked out of daycare for the 2nd time. Yes, he's earning quite the reputation at the clubhouse.

Little did I know, the plan would continue to unravel. As we waited poolside, I was surprised that we were the only ones there. Sure, we were a little early, but I was amazed we were the first ones to arrive. As it turns out, Jax was the only child enrolled in the class! The instructor broke the news to us, and my first thought was, "Great! It will be like having private lessons." Then, the instructor said she was cancelling the class. Ummmmm...What?!

Gee, thanks for the courtesy call last week, giving me a heads up that this might happen. Thanks for letting me build up this activity to my kid all weekend, only to then crush him with disappointment on what would have been the first day of fun! What's that? Oh, I'll be receiving a full refund. Well, I certainly hope so! Thanks for your generosity!

So, if I seem a little annoyed, that's because I am. People really should be more considerate, especially when children are involved.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh what a bummer. I would have loved to have seen pics of his lessons!