Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Breaking Point

Breathe, Grandfather! Breathe! For the rest of you that may not understand the significance of the photo above, let me explain. This activity table and the floor surrounding it are usually COVERED in Disney Cars toys, but yesterday, I reached my breaking point.

I walked into a complete disaster. Actually, disaster doesn't even come close to accurately describing the mess. There were Cars EVERYWHERE! It wasn't the sort of mess than occurs because the toys are being played with either. It was just a mess made for the sole purpose of making a mess to see your parents' heads spin around while they breathe fire.

Jax has been warned about this sort of behavior before. In fact, he was warned less than 3 days ago about what would happen if he ever made a mess like that again. Well, I don't make empty threats. Every single vehicle was packed into a storage bin & placed in the closet. Did you finally take that breath, Grandfather? You thought they were in the trash, didn't you? I wouldn't do that to you...Jax? Maybe, but not you.

Maybe, and that's a big maybe, the Cars will be unpacked in time for your visit. We'll have to see how the rest of the week goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already called DFS and we are scheduled for Dr. Phil in November.

Mother's Out of Control

He only has 199 cars, plus the one I,m bringing Friday. What are you going to do when he get's my 6,000 piece NASCAR collection? No the answer isn't sell them on ebay.

GF

Anonymous said...

I just realized. You are making space for the Fisher-Price castles grandma na d I bought for over 10 years, do you want to start out with 6 or 8 castles, dungeons, wizards lairs, and tree forts. How many of the extra knights and trolls should I bring? All or keep some so we always have a new toy when we visit? Let me know because it will take a couple of hours to get them out of the attic.

Or, should I start bringing the 140 1/32 scale WWII tanks and soliers? I was really saving them until the boys are 9 and 5. That way I can teach them tactics and not just play bang bang your dead.
Let me know
GF