Bright and early Tuesday morning, Jax strolled into our bedroom as Anh and I were getting ready. Since I was wearing green and I noticed Jax wasn't, I thought that would be the ideal time to introduce him to the tradition of pinching on St. Patrick's Day. He looked completely confused, but smiled when I pinched him. I explained that he got pinched because he wasn't wearing green.
Jax immediately ran out of the room, but very quickly reappeared wearing a green t-shirt. He then proceeded to pinch Anh who wasn't wearing green. It looked to me like he caught on to the game very quickly.
So, I was surprised when I got home from the office that day and Jax tried to pinch me. I dodged him and said, "No, no! I'm wearing green. You can't pinch me." That's when I discovered maybe Jax didn't fully understand the tradition because he shouted, "No, Mommy, the color is now orange!" and proceeded to pinch me over and over and over. Kids! Somehow they always win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment