Turning five is a BIG deal in this family. It's your first chance to have a full-scale birthday party with all your buddies. Well, I guess that's not a true statement anymore since we had a big blowout for Grant's first birthday. However, the guests were technically our friends not his. Just saying! Anyway, back to Baylor's big birthday. I told him we could have his birthday party anywhere he wanted and proceeded to rattle off an extensive list of options. Baylor's choice wasn't one that I included. I point that out to demonstrate that his party was exactly what HE wanted. Baylor decided on a bowling party. Yes, bowling! I think he had bowling exactly twice before, but apparently, it was loads of fun!
Baylor's fabulous bowling cake & cupcakes! Our baker truly outdid herself. As cute as the cake was, it tasted even better.
Bowling Pin Cookies
At Baylor's party, everyone was a winner!
I can't remember if I ever blogged about Baylor's random announcement that he planned to one day change his name. As we were riding in the car one day, Baylor said, "Mom, did you know that sometimes people change their names?" I paused and responded, "Yes, I have heard that some people make that choice." Baylor joyfully shared, "When I grow up, I'm going to change my name to Hector!" Really? Hector? Well, after I saw this picture, I agree Hector might be a good choice.
Hi, Aunt Kelly! Who is this cute stranger with you?
Baylor's bowling party was more fun than I could have imagined! I should have known our little party animal aka Mr. Personality knew how to have a good time! Happy 5th birthday, Baylor!
No comments:
Post a Comment