Sunday, January 6, 2013

Par-Tee

I certainly hope the boys never accuse us of having a favorite child. It's that concern that rarely causes me to deviate from past routines and traditions, but in this case, I just had to. We didn't throw true birthday parties for Jaxon or Baylor until they turned five years old. Why? They have always had every toy they could ever want or need thanks to Grandfather, and honestly, birthday parties are a lot of work! That doesn't mean we didn't celebrate the boys' special days. We always have family parties at home, and on most birthdays, we've taken treats to school to share with their classmates. We just never put ourselves through the stress of a birthday party with friends before the age of five.

Well...until now! Grant lucked out. He's the baby which means he's the last shot. I figured, why not celebrate the baby turning one? It is a big deal. We're saying farewell to babies and hello to toddlers a.k.a. "big boys!" I decided on a golf theme since we have a beautiful clubhouse in the neighborhood, and I also knew Jaxon & Baylor would enjoy the theme.  Grant is only one. He certainly didn't care as long as there was cake!

So, I guess we've officially ventured on to a slippery slope. One where we must tread carefully or risk creating a sibling rivalry.  Luckily, our sweet boys seem to operate with a team mentality. Let's hope it stays that way!
The Cutest Cake & Cupcakes EVER! I love my baker!


Donut Holes - "Bucket of Balls" Party Favor
Custom Balls with Grant's Name & Birthday
Decorate Your Own Golf Visor


Golf Club Favors

Ready to Sing!
No tears this time! I guess the Birthday Boy decided to display some patience!

Happy Birthday, Grant! We'll try not to spoil you rotten!

No comments: