That's what the blog has started to feel like, and that's why my entries are becoming sporadic. It's not that I don't love sharing the silly stories from our day to day lives, it's just that my brain hasn't been tuned in for a while, and I struggle to combine the words to formulate sentences. I strive for witty, but sometimes end up settling for anything that passes as legible. I think I'm suffering from Spring Break-itis. It used to strike when I was in school and needed a break from all the work that those pesky teachers expected of me.
Of course, I'm hardly due for a vacation. We only just returned from Charleston. So, I don't know what my problem is except to say that I've been distracted. I find myself making time for everything except the blog. Even laundry has trumped the blog lately. Yikes! It was only recently as I looked back at some of my older entries that I realized, the blog is awesome! I've recorded so many moments from our lives that undoubtedly would have been long forgotten if not for the blog. As you know days/weeks will pass and I struggle to come up with material that I deem worthy of sharing...material that I think others will find entertaining. What I failed to realize is that it's the silly/stupid/mundane stuff that really needs to be documented. It's my crazy boys and their even crazier antics that make me laugh when I go back and reread the entries from long ago.
I'll remember the big moments and big trips that we take. It's the little things and my own crazy thoughts that get lost in the shuffle and fast pace of life. So, I will try to keep things simple which will hopefully inspire me to share more regularly. Life doesn't always have to be sooooo grand! Lesson learned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment