Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Who You Callin' Pee Wee?!

Earlier in the month, Jax participated in our neighborhood's 2010 Pee Wee Golf Camp. Several of his buddies from last year returned, and he made a couple of new friends. So, of course, Jax had a blast!Unfortunately, Jax had to settle for mommy as his #1 supporter on the first day. Dad had patients to see after taking the previous week off for the cruise. I guess mommy is better than nothing because I was allowed to stay, but I was repeatedly told, "I miss daddy!" Gee, thanks. I love you too! Coach Mike worked with the kids on perfecting their grip, and then moved on to practicing chipping and putting. Jax was focused and determined to achieve perfection. At one point, he walked up to me and said, "I'm not very good. I didn't get a hole-in-one." Goodness! What do you say to that? Suddenly Jax wasn't the only one missing daddy. After thinking for a second, I told Jax, "Buddy, I like that you want to be best, but the point is to have fun while trying to play your best. Golf takes practice. You're good already, and you'll get even better! You wait and see." Luckily, Anh was able to make it to Jax's final day of camp. Daddy's presence made everything better, including Jax's game. Although, I'm sure the coaches would like a bit of credit as well.Jax, maybe you aren't Tiger Woods (Thank goodness for that!), but you've already got a fan base! You just have fun & enjoy the game. That's all that really matters despite what your father says. He's just kidding when he calls you our "retirement fund." At least, I hope he is!Although, I think your love of trophies and medals is a clear sign that competitiveness is in your blood. Just try to have a little fun along the way!

No comments: