I think the title pretty much says it all. Tomorrow we set sail for the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas, and I seriously don't think I could possibly be any more excited than I am at this very moment. We've been planning this trip since January, and it's always felt like this distant event, long off in the future. Well, it's HERE! I can hardly believe it, actually. We have 7 fun-filled days & nights awaiting us. Our first stop is Nassau in the Bahamas, and from there, we'll sail to both St. Thomas and St. Maarten. A little island-hopping is exactly what we need to kick off the summer of 2010!
Sadly, Baylor is missing out on this family adventure. Don't feel too badly for him though. His BaBa, Ong Noi, and Uncle Kyle are all driving down to keep him company while we're away. I'm sure that they, along with Aunt Nguyen, will spoil him rotten in our absence. Who knows, he might be sad when we return?! Although, I hope not. After more than a week apart, I'm sure Anh and I will be fighting to see who can get through the door first and steal the first welcome home hug. My fingers are crossed that Baylor won't be like Jax when he was little and hold a grudge about being "abandoned."
I doubt I'll have the opportunity to blog along the way. The ship does have internet access, but I've heard the connection is slow, and honestly, if I'm sitting in front of a computer that means I'm missing out on the fun. I'm sure I will have plenty of tales and pictures to share when I return. I even bought a new camera to document the journey. Please keep your fingers crossed for us! We want smooth sailing and dry weather. Bon voyage!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Bon Voyage
Labels:
Anh,
Aunt Nguyen,
BaBa,
Baylor,
Davorens,
Family Adventures,
Jax,
Ong Noi,
Shannon,
Uncle Kyle,
Vacations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment