I'm sure some of you were beginning to think that Anh & I decided to stay in Vegas to pursue new careers as professional gamblers, but my absence was not due to anything quite that glamorous. Nope, the lack of blogging is because we returned home to 2 very sick little boys. I'm not sure of the diagnosis, but both have horrible chest congestion, runny noses, and fevers. They were symptom free when we left town last week. Well, Baylor did have a runny nose, but that's it. My oh my, things changed almost overnight.
Aunt Nguyen reported that both boys were miserable by Saturday evening. Evidently by Sunday, Jax was having mild hallucinations thanks to a lack of sleep resulting due to night sweats and the inability to breathe thanks to his horrible phlegm. Neither of the boys had much of an appetite, but thankfully, their moods stayed relatively pleasant. Although, I doubt Aunt Nguyen would rat them out either way.
My fingers are crossed that we'll see a big improvement ahead of this weekend's excitement, The Daytona 500 race. Like Grandfather, Jax has been looking forward to this race since the moment last year's race ended. I won't deny him the chance to go, but it would be nice to know that he'll actually enjoy himself & be able to breathe while enjoying the sights from the grandstands.
Who am I kidding? He's going to have a blast regardless of his health. It's the Daytona 500 & he's a car-obsessed 5-year old boy going to the race with his car-obsessed best friend, Grandfather. Guaranteed good times!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment