Tonight, a simple trip to the grocery store somehow evolved into a torture session for Baylor. The trip wasn't doomed from the start. Actually, the adventure started out well. Both boys were looking forward to the trip because we weren't headed to our usual neighborhood grocery. Ooooooh no, we drove right past our little grocery store with it's boring car-themed shopping carts and headed to the flashy market up the street. It has spaceship-themed carts that are 10 times cooler to little boys named Jaxon & Baylor.
We were rocketing down the aisles, collecting all the necessary goodies for a fun weekend with our out-of-town guests, The D's, who arrive tomorrow. I'm willing to bet that after a long trip from the Midwest, they will be very hungry. Hence, the trip to the store to stock the pantry with offerings. Anyway, back to the story.
I guess I got a little too into all the options and ended up taking a little longer than I had originally anticipated. It wouldn't have been a big deal except I forgot to pack Baylor's snacks, and let's just say that he did not appreciate me being unprepared. I can't say I blame him. I ALWAYS have a variety of snacks and a drink stashed in my bag for him, but today I was off my game. His snack buffet was no where to be found.
So, you can imagine the torture poor Baylor was experiencing. He was starving, surrounded by food, but he was strapped in a rocket ship whizzing by, unable to snatch any of it. Oh, and silly mommy wasn't getting the hint to pass him anything. I just thought he was trying to be difficult by grabbing at every glass jar within reach. Eventually, I did get a clue. It might have been the wailing & tears that he eventually shared with the entire store of shoppers.
The deli lady turned out to be my savor. She was handing out bite-sized sandwich samples, and that was just what Baylor needed to get him through, a little appetizer to enjoy during checkout. All was well again with my little starship troopers, and I was able to exit the store with both my dignity & sanity. What a treat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I witnesses Baylor eat a whole banana from the #11 check-out lane at a Super Target to the exit door once. We were afraid to give it to him before the check-out station because they might have wanted to weigh Baylor and not the average weight of each; banana banana's were going for .69 per pound and we didn't have an extra $30.
Post a Comment