Thursday, October 29, 2009

Disney Magic

I'm going to fast forward just a bit, skipping Saturday and moving on to Sunday. It's not that Saturday wasn't fun. The guys spent the day golfing while I took Amy and the kids shopping. Fun was had by all, but these aren't activities that I would call blog-worthy.

Sunday was definitely blog-worthy! We set out for Orlando, bound for a little Disney magic! The kids were looking forward to trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom, but the parents were looking forward to an incredible hotel. We decided to splurge and stay at The Grand Floridian, Disney's premier property. Anh and I used the fact that it was our 6th wedding anniversary as justification for the luxury.As soon as we pulled up, we knew we were in for a fabulous treat, and I'm not talking about Halloween candy. Christina, our personal representative, met us at the lobby entrance and gave us a brief tour of the main building and grounds. After highlighting some of the hotel's amenities and services, Christina escorted us to our private concierge lounge and checked us into our rooms which were beautiful, yet tastefully incorporated with Disney's charm and whimsy.
I don't think we could have been more thrilled with the accommodations which will undoubtedly make future trips to Disney World either disappointing or ridiculously expensive. The Floridian set the bar pretty high! Within minutes of our arrival, Amy & I were already discussing when we could schedule a second trip while Anh & Mike were exchanging "oh no" glances.Our stay was so brief we were barely able to explore the immaculate grounds, but we did find time to check out the 2 pools. Priorities!
While the main pool was beautiful...serene...& located just outside of our building, we spent our afternoon by the lagoon pool which overlooked a little beach and featured kid-friendly activities like a Wii competition and a waterslide. For the parents, there was a lovely and well-stocked bar. Disney knows how to make everyone happy!

No comments: