Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobble Gobble

Have you ever seen such beauty? I think this has to be my best turkey yet, and for that, I'm thankful! The real blessing was having family gather to enjoy my efforts in the kitchen. There are thousands of movies with scenes depicting holiday family gatherings. Our favorites are comedies. Possibly because that's what most accurately reflects our family gatherings. Sure, they might not all turn out picture-perfect despite my Type-A efforts to make Martha Stewart proud, but the fact that family puts in the effort to make the trek and spend the time together is appreciated.
We've never had a squirrel come flying out of the Christmas tree nor have we burnt the house down frying a turkey, but there is lots of laughter. Usually at the expense of Aunt Kelly or Grandfather, but laughter all the same. It wouldn't be family if the occasional argument didn't occur. That's life, right? Let's just say it keeps things "interesting." We just strive to not be too "interesting."


This year, we had the added fun of watching Grant enjoy his first Thanksgiving meal. Since he's still new to solids, I'm not sure he was impressed. Man, I guess I'll hope to receive his thumb's up next year, and I thought Grandfather was the critic!

No comments: