Grant actually prefers to be standing nowadays, and since our arms quickly tire of holding him upright for hours on end, we've introduced Grant to the exersaucer. He LOVES it which means I have a little more time for things like cleaning, washing dishes, laundry, and if I'm lucky blogging. I can also report that we're seeing improvement when it comes to sleeping. Grant truly enjoys a routine. He gets a bath every night around 8:45pm and is tucked in by 9:30pm at the latest. He'll sleep until around 2:30-3:00am when he wakes like clockwork for a bottle, but then falls back asleep until around 7:00am. The last few nights, I've let him fuss a bit when he wakes up in the middle of the night, and he'll eventually fall back asleep. So, I don't think he's waking due to hunger, but more out of habit. Hopefully, we can break him of that quickly!
Oh and speaking of habits, I do believe we might have our first thumb-sucker. Anh and I have both caught Grant sucking his thumb on several occasions over the last week. It's cute, but I'm not too sure we'll allow it to continue. Hopefully, he'll give that up on his own. I suspect he might be an earlier teether as well and is just chewing on his thumb to ease some of the pain because the thumb-sucking and inconsolable crankiness seem to go hand in hand with constant drooling. All warning signs that little pearly white daggers are working their way up through G-Money's gums, but we'll save that discussion for next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment