Our house is in party mode because we have a lot to celebrate this month...the new year, a new baby, AND...the sweet, adorable little boy that started our family...JAXON! Only, he's not so little anymore now that he's SEVEN! Whoa! When did that happen? Weren't we just celebrating six? Seriously, time needs to slow down! Of course, that's not what I was saying just a few days ago when I was pregnant, but enough about me. This entry is all about my BIG boy!

With Jaxon's birthday falling on a Tuesday, we had to keep things simple and celebrated with a family dinner party. Brad came over and made one of Jax's favorite dishes, carne asada tacos. Yummy! Jaxon (with Baylor's help) selected a small birthday cake, and of course there were a few presents for our special boy to open (again, with Baylor's help).


Grant slept through the family photo, but I guess that's acceptable given his age.

Maybe Grant knew he was going to miss out on tasting the cake, and therefore, could care less about the festivities surrounding him. Jaxon, however, enjoyed every second of his day in the spotlight! He really does not shy away from attention. Must be the Capricorn spirit!

Yes, it was a festive day spent showering our oldest son with all the love and attention he deserves. Unfortunately, the day ended on a bit of a sad note. After I hugged and kissed Jaxon goodnight, I watched as he climbed the stairs to his room and heard him say to his dad, "I can't wait to be eight!" NO!!!!! Let's just slow down and enjoy seven! I already miss six!
No comments:
Post a Comment