Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble

There was a theme for Thanksgiving 2010...Relaxation. Only half the family was able to make it down this year which resulted in a nice, low-key holiday. That doesn't mean our family wasn't missed, quite the opposite actually. However, half the crowd translates to half the work.

A few other changes were implemented this year too. Rather than rising at the crack of dawn to start prepping a feast for lunch, I decided we would enjoy the traditional Thanksgiving meal for dinner. That decision will most likely carry over into the future because it took a lot of pressure off the cook. Ha! Plus, it allowed us to enjoy some yummy appetizers that Grandma helped prepare.Somehow, we managed to set the table without Aunt Kelly. Although, her special touches were missed. Hopefully, she won't skip out on her duties next year. Of course, the airlines could help up the odds by not charging ridiculous fares. Yeah right! Better start saving now.All in all, it was a great holiday with family, but I think I missed the insanity a bit. It's sad when 2 grandparents, 1 uncle, 5 dogs, and a cat don't seem like enough. We're a crazy bunch, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Somebody remind me of that at Christmas when I'm questioning the number of people and animals that we decided to entertain!



No comments: