Monday, September 21, 2009

Ahead of the Game

Baylor is 16 months old now, but my goodness, it feels like we've already hit the terrible two's! It's easy to explain the tantrums. Most are the result of Baylor's frustration over not being able to communicate. For whatever reason, Baylor just doesn't have any interest in talking until he's 100% fed up with us for not being able to read his mind. Even then, he looks at us while he's screaming like a banshee as if we're the ones with a problem.

So, the tantrums on some level I can tolerate. What drives me crazy is Baylor's mission to do the opposite of whatever you tell him. Seriously, his new favorite activities are whatever you scolded him for the most the day before. He loves being bad! I just don't get it.

This is a definite difference from Jax. With Jax, we skipped the terrible two's. Actually, it was more like terrible three. So, I guess it was only a delayed experience. Maybe we'll get the ugliness out of the way early with Baylor. I'm sure missing that sweet little boy I used to know. He still makes brief appearances throughout the day, but his evil twin is a force to be reckoned with. Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Hyde, I tell ya!

No comments: