Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time for the Next Step

Baylor is out of control! He's all over the place & into everything! I seriously don't know what's gotten into him, but all of a sudden, this week he's on a mission to explore every square inch of this house and wreak as much havoc as possible. I now can't take my eyes off of him for a second. If he's not trying to crawl in the fireplace, then he's trying to climb the stairs or he's pulling DVDs out of the bookcase or crawling into the kitchen cabinets or shredding any paper that he can get his hands on into a gazillion pieces.

The simplest solution would be in invest in a nice cage, but something tells me that's not the right approach. So, I'll move on to the next round of baby-proofing. It's time to dig out the cabinet locks, and I'll need to invest in a safety gate for the stairs and possibly the fireplace. I've already started closing doors to prevent him from slamming his fingers and to try to contain the whirlwind of chaos that seems to follow him now.

I knew this day was coming. I remember when Jax entered this phase. I think a small part of me thought maybe Jax was just a little hellion or something, and Baylor would be more mild mannered. Wrong! Oh, so wrong! I don't know what I'm going to do when Baylor gets faster on 2 feet. The day is quickly approaching too. He's already testing his balance by letting go of the furniture. Yikes!

2 comments:

Somewhere I Have Never Been...Sometimes I am. said...

is he still being Mr. Chuckles too? maybe that was your sign... lol

Shannon said...

Oh, YES! Nonstop with the chuckles. Last night he looked at us & just started chuckling uncontrollably. If he keeps doing that, he's going to give me a complex!