Luckily, Anh was receptive to my recommendation of practicing on a grassy field before transitioning to rock-hard skin-scraping pavement, and I can proudly announce that Jaxon caught on relatively quickly. He fell a few times, but by the second practice session he was cruising on his own. Of course, with success came confidence and smack talk. Baylor was present to witness this historical milestone and while thrilled for his brother, Baylor was just a tad jealous of all the attention and praise Jaxon was receiving. As Anh congratulated Jaxon, Baylor hung his head in sadness and asked, "What about me? Am I doing a good job?" Anh quickly praised Baylor on his excellent riding skills, and Jaxon pointed out just as quickly that Baylor was still using training wheels. Ahhhh! Both boys are clearly competitive by nature...I can only imagine what the future holds especially with a third one on the way.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Two Wheeling
As of this weekend, Jaxon has achieved yet another milestone. It's a milestone he would have reached long ago if it weren't for a terrible case of nerves, and for the record, I'm referring to my own nerves not his. I simply don't endorse activities with a high risk of injury. So after strapping on his elbow & knee pads, Jaxon took off for the park with Anh where I wouldn't be a witness to any bone-breaking or blood loss that might result from the removal of Jaxon's bicycle training wheels. I knew this day would come, but I still wasn't prepared to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment