Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Sailing...Takes Me Away
We can't let the Grandparents receive all the praise for this Summer's fun. Uncle Travis played a role too by taking the boys out a couple of times on his new catamaran. Fun in the sun with the wind in your hair!
I'll admit, I was a little nervous when the idea was first mentioned, but I was determined not to let MY fear of water ruin the boys' opportunity. Plus, it wasn't exactly settling to learn that Uncle Travis would be taking them out alone. I don't doubt Travis' abilities, but being outnumbered while out in the middle of a lake with two small children isn't something you should dismiss. Yet again, it's a good thing I wasn't around to let my paranoia take over. The boys were on their best behavior throughout the adventure.
Both Jaxon & Baylor thoroughly enjoyed themselves while sailing, and I'm sure they will jump at the chance to go again. Travis plans to bring the boat down to Florida in the future which will lead to all new excitement, I'm sure. Again, I will do my best to keep MY issues from transferring to my kids. It's going to require some effort, no doubt.
For now, I will simply say, I wish Captain Travis & his pint-size crew years of smooth sailing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment